first purchase with us!
There’s something about October that just screams for pumpkin and candy, isn’t there?
Thankfully that combination can happen at home in a way that is indulgent and yet not awfully unhealthy.
These Pumpkin, Coconut, & Cacao Butter Truffles are bite-size balls of delicious fall flavor.
Making Room For Dessert
Many of us are trying to limit our sugar intake — a worthwhile pursuit in a healthy lifestyle. It seems a little indulgent treat now and then, however, helps us all balance our desires for sweet treats and physical health. A great way to find this balance is by making the things you crave at home.
We’re busy people. While homemade treats are a great idea, we want quick, too. These truffles come together rather quickly with very little hands-on involvement. The majority of time in this recipe is simply letting everything chill in the freezer.
Because these somewhat healthy truffles need to be kept chilled, they’re a great treat to have tucked away in the freezer for an occasional enticing dessert. These are definitely sugar-laden and sweet. They should not be part of the everyday nourishment, but can be a great way to relax and unwind after a long day or to celebrate some grand accomplishment.
Upgrade The Truffle Experience
The pumpkin coconut centers alone are exquisite, however you’re only limited by your imagination and taste buds!
Consider these ideas for truffle upgrades:
- Stick a piece of dried fruit in the center and wrap the pumpkin filling around it before freezing and coating.
- Add finely chopped nuts to the filling instead of the coconut.
- For adults, consider adding just a tablespoon of brandy to the filling prior to freezing.
- While the coating is still wet, roll the truffles in finely ground nuts or more coconut.
- Sprinkle the tops of the still-wet coating with some shimmering sugar or shaved chocolate.
While these truffles are not the kind you’ll be handing out to trick-or-treaters this fall, be sure to keep some in the freezer as a reward for yourself.