first purchase with us!
You love smoothies but dragging out all those ingredients every time gets old, right? If that sounds like you, I’ve got great news! Spend a few minutes now putting together these frozen, wholesome smoothie pucks. Later, your morning smoothie routine goes from time-consuming to magically easy. These DIY Make-Ahead Smoothie Pucks are perfect for busy mornings!
DIY Make-Ahead Smoothie Pucks
No more dragging out the berries, spinach, coconut milk, spices, and extracts (then realizing you don’t have ice…). Simply combine all those wholesome, nutritious ingredients and freeze in silicone muffin cups, a muffin pan, or even ice cube trays.
Then, when you’re ready to make a smoothie, pop a few into your blender jar. Add some water and blend until smooth. Easy peasy!
Yes, you certainly can make individual smoothie packs with plastic zipper bags. However, that’s a lot of plastic bags! They also take up more space in the freezer.
In contrast, smoothie pucks can be stored (once frozen) in one large container or freezer bag. Also, if you want a smaller smoothie you just grab a few smoothie pucks. Want a larger one? Grab a few more and increase the water when blending.
There are Endless Ways To Create Your Own Smoothie Pucks
Below you’ll find my simple, delicious, and nutritious smoothie puck recipe. However, feel free to change it up to suit your preferences! Simply make the smoothie base and add your preferred ingredients.
The smoothie base is a simple mixture of reconstituted Wildly Organic Coconut Milk Powder, water, Wildly Organic Coco Monkey Sweetener, Wildly Organic Cashew Butter, and a pinch of salt. This can easily be mixed with a whisk or blend if you’re doing a very large batch.
To each muffin cup, I add fresh spinach (lightly steamed to reduce oxalates, but feel free to use frozen spinach if you like) and blueberries.
Need more ideas? Try these other combinations!
- Banana chunks and Wildly Organic Cacao Nibs
- Mango and strawberries
- Add cocoa and peanut butter to the smoothie base
- Add your favorite powders to the smoothie base, such as maca, moringa, etc.
- Cherries and pineapple
- Strawberries and fresh basil
- Applesauce, cinnamon, and oats
- Add collagen or protein powder to the smoothie base for a quick, complete meal
- Cucumber and mint leaves
- Orange segments and fresh ginger
- Wildly Organic Goji Berries, Wildly Organic Almonds, fresh pears
- Try Wildly Organic Coconut Butter instead of cashew butter (or both) in the smoothie base
- Wildly Organic Turmeric and lemon juice for an inflammation-fighting smoothie
- Try Wildly Organic Coconut Syrup to sweeten
- Any combination of berries and lightly steamed dark, leafy greens (steaming reduces high oxalates)
Clearly, you are only limited by your imagination!
So, say goodbye to the time-consuming smoothie ritual and hello to grab and blend convenience with these wholesome smoothie pucks!