first purchase with us!
Do you love using ranch dressing to dip your favorite veggies or to toss with a big salad? Me too. Ranch dressing is a classic American condiment. Unfortunately, it tends to be full of unhealthy ingredients — often MSG. You know making your own from scratch is healthier, but what if you (or your kiddos) can’t have dairy? Give this Dairy Free Ranch Dressing a try!
Awhile back, we made this epic Dairy Free Sour Cream using Wildly Organic Coconut Milk Powder. It’s a great substitute for many recipes calling for sour cream, including Dairy Free Beef Stroganoff for the Instant Pot. It’s also the base of this easy homemade dairy free ranch dressing, too!
If you haven’t used Wildly Organic Coconut Milk Powder before, it’s a great shelf-stable product so you can make coconut milk whenever you want! Dairy free, gluten free, and soy free, it’s an great product for recipes that call for coconut milk or coconut cream.
Since we’re using Wildly Organic Coconut Milk Powder, this recipe has a slightly coconut flavor to the ranch dressing. However coconut lovers won’t mind one bit, right? If you can’t have or don’t care for the flavor of coconut simply substitute your preferred dairy free sour cream product.
There are 2 keys to making a delicious, flavorful homemade dressing:
- Use quality ingredients! Wildly Organic spices and herbs are pure and flavorful. You won’t find any cheap fillers that will affect the flavor.
- Let the dressing chill in the fridge as long as possible. As a result all the flavors get a chance to mingle and deepen. Overnight is best and longer won’t hurt at all.
There are Endless Ways To Use Dairy Free Ranch Dressing!
Ranch dressing is good on so many different foods. One of our boys often says it would even be good on rocks (he really, really loves ranch dressing). Salads are, of course, the perfect backdrop for a tasty homemade dressing. However, don’t limit yourself to just salads! For example, here’s a few ideas to consider:
- Topping baked potatoes (try sweet potatoes for more antioxidant goodness)
- As a dip for fresh veggies, chips, french fries, chicken nuggets, or tater tots
- Part of a beautiful Vegan Charcuterie Board when entertaining
- Add to sauces, pasta dishes, and casseroles
- As a marinade for chicken
- Use as a spread for sandwiches or wraps
- Top your tacos, burritos, or other Mexican-inspired foods
Anywhere you’d use conventional ranch dressing you can use this healthy, homemade ranch dressing instead. Great news for anyone on a dairy free diet missing ranch dressing!