first purchase with us!
Spirulina has proven itself as a superfood, and now it’s claiming its place as a skincare product.
High in antioxidants, WFN’s Spirulina is useful in fighting free radicals, brightening skin, and reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
These attributes make it a great candidate for use in a face mask.
Face masks are generally intended to soothe, brighten, or tone the skin. Spirulina helps with all three!
A basic skin-detoxing spirulina face mask can be made by simply mixing 1/2 teaspoon of spirulina with enough cooled chamomile tea or water to make a paste. This is a useful mask for when you are in a hurry or you don’t have any extra ingredients available.
However, if you’d like to take your mask up a notch (or two), try adding activated charcoal and honey.
Activated charcoal’s ability to draw impurities from the skin makes this mask extremely cleansing and purifying.
Honey adds more soothing and softening power.
When creating a mask with honey, use raw honey if possible. Raw honey contains enzymes which are beneficial in boosting the complexion. The antibacterial nature of raw honey is also thought to aid in treating and healing acne.
As you can see, combining these three ingredients creates a powerful mask that’s deeply detoxifying.
How To Make A Deeply Detoxifying Spirulina Face Mask
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Spread mask over face using fingertips or a small brush. (A makeup brush or a small paint brush will work, too.)
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water and an old washcloth (it will be stained). You can also rinse off in the shower to avoid any extra mess.
- Follow with moisturizer.
A few words of caution:
- Spirulina and charcoal can stain. Please wear an old shirt and stay in an area of the house where drips won’t damage furniture or carpeting.
- Also be aware of sink area when washing off the mask. Clean up right away to avoid any stains.